Since 2007, John has utilized various models for engaging with organizations, including:
- Project/Initiative-specific engagement wherein John’s services are contracted for a specific project outcome. If properly scoped, the project can be contracted for a fixed fee. Alternatively, a daily or hourly rate can be established if scope is uncertain.
- Ongoing part-time leadership of an organizational function such as CFO, COO or Head of Corporate Development, at an established monthly, daily or hourly rate.
- Interim full-time leadership of an organizational function such as CFO, COO or Head of Corporate Development, at an established monthly, daily or hourly rate.
- Ongoing part-time engagement wherein John’s services are contracted for a variety of projects or initiatives, at an established daily or hourly rate. This is the model under which most of John’s engagements have fallen.
John’s areas of expertise include:
- Interim or Part Time Executive Leadership – acting in the lead role for an organizational function or team
- Senior Project/Initiative Management – leading and managing change
- Business Development – leading marketing and/or sales activities
- Strategic and Operational Planning – stewarding long-term and short-term planning cycles
- Financial Planning & Reporting – ensuring high quality, timely, cycles of target setting and progress monitoring
- Mergers and Acquisitions – leading the M&A process from target identification through due-diligence, valuation, negotiation, closing
- Post-M&A Integration – managing the full alignment process across customers, vendors, products and services, staff, processes and tooling
- Conflict Resolution – independent facilitating of solutions to management issues driving conflict in organizations
- Partnering Agreements – navigating partner relationships and associated agreements
- Organization Development and Realignment – advising and implementing organizational structures, compensation plans, staff selections and performance management systems to ensure organizational effectiveness
- Performance Management – implementing systems to drive alignment between organizational goals and individual performance
- Process and Systems Analysis – assessing key operational processes and associated IT tooling for effectiveness
- Rapid Growth – helping senior management address the challenges associated with revenue and staff expansion
- Restructuring – helping senior management address the challenges of business contraction